Love and Food in the Big D

Monday, September 12, 2011

Carnivore's Delight

I really don't know how anyone could be a vegetarian.  I really don't.  I don't understand it...and I don't know if I ever will.  I absolutely could not EVER live without meat.  BBQ in particular.  A couple weeks ago we discovered a new "somewhat hidden" gem near our house called Hard Eight BBQ.  For those living in or near Coppell, it's obviously no secret to you... but after going here, I feel like Chad and I have wasted the last 3 years together NOT going to this little piece of heaven. 

Part "wonderland/amusement park", part BBQ utopia (yes, it is THAT good).. you begin your "adventure" here by zig zagging through Disneyland-like lines, under a partly opened shed-like structure where you're greeted by rows and rows of piping hot BBQ pits working on your next meal...or last meal I should say.  ;)


After taking a few slow, deep, smoke-filled breaths ... you wind your way to the front of the line where you are then greeted with the most beautiful food presentation this carnivore has ever seen. 

I swear by this point.. my eyes are bigger than my stomach and my mouth begins to water..

How could you ever begin to choose?? Roasted corn, "regular" corn on the cob, half chicken, whole chicken, little chicken "poppers" wrapped in bacon, ribs, sausage... you name it, they have it.
And I was in heaven.


Once inside, you make your side selections and head to the counter to weigh you bounty and pay the toll.  :) 
This photo and next photo courtesy of Hard Eight Website

Almost feels like you're in a different world.. set in a different time..

True to form, our eyes were most definitely bigger than our stomachs...which luckily just meant we ended up with tasty leftovers.  But who could really resist all that yummy, mouth-watering protein?!?! 

Oh and the ribs were BY FAR the best thing on the tray... no doubt.  Can't wait to go back. 

No comments: