Alright, so we all know I'm not a real chef. I'll leave that very fine distinction to my husband who has slaved in the kitchen for years thinking of new and exciting palate pleasers for the general public. I, on the other hand, am (most always), left to fend for myself when it comes to dinner-time selections and preparations (because of Chad's crazy restaurant schedule). Of course, as one would most certainly expect, during our time together I've learned new techniques, tried unusual things...basically I've broken down any food barriers I've ever had. But when it comes to what I'd like to eat for dinner each night, the choices are always simple. One pot wonders, and actually, on most days, an egg dish of some sort. Chad (and everyone who knows me well for that matter) thinks I'm insane for being able to eat the same thing.. day in and day out (if I had to, of course.. I DO change it up a bit, on occassion.. ;)
One of my go-to "recipes" while Chad's at work is this SUPER easy, Sweet and Tangy Chicken Salad. I wish I could tell you the actual AMOUNTS of each of these ingredients, but it really is all "to-taste"...and I just TASTE my way along.
Here's what you'll need though..
- Store Bought Rotisserie Chicken. (EASY PEASY already!;) (Torn into small bits with your hands)
- Mayonnaise ( I usually start with this first.. you'll want a light coating, not too heavy and wet)
- Sweet Relish (equal parts sweet & dill. I start with a little of each & add til I've gotten the taste I like)
- Dill Relish (because I like mine "tangy"...I'll add a bit of the dill juice at the end, but only if it needs it)
- Dried Cranberries (for that chewy sweetness...nothing beats it!)
- Salt & Pepper (I always leave this to the end and add, as needed)
- Low Carb (Wheat) Mission Tortillas (I like mine heated through..and yes, I know they aren't "REAL" tortillas..but I'm trying to watch my carbs...and these actually taste great!)
So... it's not fancy schmancy and all that jazz...but it sure is TASTY! :)