Love and Food in the Big D

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Welcome to Texas, IN-N-OUTies ;)


In-N-Out in Allen, Tx - Let the feeding frenzy commence..
Opening Day - May 11, 2011

I don't remember the last time I've ever heard so much talk about something...or someone even, coming to Dallas.  I swear it's as if the President was moving here.. well hell, even when George W. actually MOVED HERE, he didn't get this much press or publicity!  I have to be honest and say, as any true Texan probably would, that I kinda feel bad for our beloved Whataburger for all the hooplah and hype In-N-Out is getting as it makes its way to Texas.  Granted, In-N-Out's burgers are pretty damn good, but part of me, a HUGE part of me...the part of me that still longs for diet-cheat-days to actually HAVE a Whataburger... is still devoted to what I grew up knowing and loving so much.  It's funny that our house is so divided on the subject now.  In-N-Out vs. Whataburger... it could go on forever and I don't think neither Chad or I would ever change sides.  :)  A Southern California boy true and true, In-N-Out is what Chad knows, it's what he remembers so well, it's where his first job was, it's what he is literally drawn to the moment we step off the plane in California when we visit his family.  You can't fault him for that...and for that reason alone, I'm excited to have this little piece of California here for him.  So Welcome to Texas, In-N-Out....now Chad and I will BOTH be happy about our diet cheat days.  ;) 

No comments: